Thursday, August 7, 2008

Philly Show

What an experience!! Met great artists and buyers, experienced an easy move in/out, and now comes the follow up with contacts, and filling orders. I've learned advertising is a must, and show specials (where items are grouped in collections for the buyers) go a long way toward making sales.

I buy my "green" silver and gold from Hoover & Strong (environmentally conscious processing!), with some product from Rio Grande and Fire Mountain Gems. Pioneer Gem Corporation, out of Auburn, Wa., provides some great gemstones with very competitive pricing. Another is Kingsley North Inc., in Michigan, for quality small stones.

Now to get orders filled, and work ready for upcoming Holiday shows. Just keep on Keepin On.

4 comments:

joebeone said...

Glad to hear it went well!

Howling Moon Studio said...

Thanks for your support, Joe!

Unknown said...

It was nice to attend a busy bead show - Philly is still strong.

Howling Moon Studio said...

Hi Sara, softflexgirl,
I'm looking forward to the Feb. Philly wholesale show, BMAC. I like your site. I'm thinking of going on Etsy. Does it work for you? Thanks for checking in , Pat