Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ann Young, The Bird Lady of Altamonte Springs

A wonderful woman has passed to the other side. Ann Young, known as the Bird lady of Altamonte Springs, in Florida, was loved by many, an inspiration to all, and the savior to hundreds of baby birds. Read about her at www.marinadedave.wordpress.com.

Today I found a wild turkey feather left on my deck, and yesterday I completed the piece I thought should be called Thunderbird. But now I think it's more like the first in my "Winged Ones" series, and its name is "Spirit". Today I received an e-mail from a woman who had "stumbled" across my www.howlingmoonstudio.com site, telling me about Ann Young. Many syncronicities coming together..........don't you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Pat -

The loss of Ann is tragic to us, but even more so to the world of birds. Thank you for linking to my website. Lindsay told me she had been in contact with you. I usually write a post or two a week, so if anyone wishes to go directly to the piece I wrote on Ann, please use this address:

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2008/08/31/the-bird-lady-of-altamonte-springs/

Howling Moon Studio said...

Thanks, Dave. Your site is an inspiration.